Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Your first assignment

Okay, let's start out easy. You are now using a 'blog' that I set up for our classroom. A 'blog' is an online journal of sorts. Blog is short for 'web log'. Some people use them as private journals that they can add to while other people use it as a way of dicussing topics. We are going to use it to discuss topics.

Since our focus in Language Arts is reading, share with the class anything about what you like to read. You can list some books, a specific author, a genre such as mysteries or biograhies, etc.

Shoot for writing a short paragraph. Remember to use complete sentences. Part of your paragraph can be commenting on what someone else already wrote about. Maybe you agree with someone's ideas and would like to say something about that.

Today's grade is based on 1- you posting something, 2- you writing at least a short paragraph, 3- you staying on topic.

Enjoy this and try to make this work.
Mr M

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Click on the word 'Comment' after the original post. You can then read other people's comments.

Type your thoughts in the box under 'Leave your comment' on the right.

Select 'Anonymous' for an Identity, BUT MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR INITIALS AT THE END OF YOUR POST.

Mr M

Anonymous said...

This sounds interesting. My favorite book genre is mystery books.My favorite author is Eoin Colfer. My favorite book is The Wish List. bye!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorit book would probubly be 6 mounhs to live. the reason why like it is because i like books that put you on the edge of your chair!
T.G.

Anonymous said...

This looks like fun! My favorite genre is mystery. My favorite author is Eoin Colfer. My favorite book is The Wish List. Bye!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I like books that haves to do with how things work.I like mystery books to.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a wonderful thing that you have set for us, Mr. M. Thank you very much. My favorite genres of books are adventure fiction, history fiction, and mystery. I like Artemis Fowl and the Harry Potter series. I like the 4th book of the Harry Potter series the best. I have read all 5 books. I have not even read all of the 1st Artemis Fowl book. I am readin it in the literiture cirle in Mrs. C's class. I think that I will enjoy this blog.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE BOOKS THAT HAVES TO DO WITH HOW THINGS WORK.

Anonymous said...

my favorate kind of books are goosebumps because they are scary.

Anonymous said...

this is perrty cool.my favorit book whould be Junie .b. Jones is a cafitrea lady.sorry i cant spell.my fav. genre is comidy,then mystery,like io.my fav.author is Baber Parks.cool site.by :)

Anonymous said...

I like books that haves to do with how things work.I like mystery books to they are cool.I like to know how thing work.

Anonymous said...

My topic im going to share is books and i think City of Ember is a great book.I reccomend it because it talks about a city with no lights and a girl who is happy.Esperransa Rising is also a good book and kids will probably like it because its about a girl who is rich and has maids and buttlers but then a tradgedy happens.Then she experiencses hard labor.I told you about those books because thats my topic.

Anonymous said...

my favorate kind of books are goosebumps because they are scary.

Anonymous said...

my favorite books are mystery books cause their really exciting.

Anonymous said...

i mostly like mystery books because they are interesting and they make you want to keep knowing what is going to happen next, so it makes you want to keep reading and you really get attached to the book.most mystery books are challenging and i like chaallenging books they can help you to become a better reader.

Anonymous said...

an other favoeste book of mine is any chapter books the book that i what to read is a seires of unfortunite events #2.

Anonymous said...

my mom works at a daycare by patton and i go sometimes to read stories to them so, thats what i mean when i say that i read easy books.

Anonymous said...

i think that the book called holes would be pretty interesting and it llooks like a pretty cool book.I like to read jack and annie books the magic tree house its full of lots of adventures and funny stuff and lots of suprises.i also think that the city of ember is a good book it has a funny ncharector named dune i cant wait to finish reading the book.i like reading joke books their pretty funny and i would probably would like them too
i spy books are alwrite they are kind of hard too find but there pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

I like reality books because they seem real and you can expierenxe the stuff.Dear America series are reality and its history,too! You Actuly learn!

Anonymous said...

MY FAVFORITE GENRE IS ADVENTURE.
MY FAVORITE BOOK WOULD HAVE TO BE
"hathit".its about a 13 year old boy who crash landed on an island.
thats it...bye...go away.

Anonymous said...

I like reality books because they seem real and you can expierenxe the stuff.Dear America series are reality and its history,too! You Actuly learn!

Anonymous said...

I thought this is a good idea because this will help me explain my ideas.
My favorite book is Harry Potter because Harry,Ron,Hermione have wonderful adventures and magic that I wish that I had. My favorite author is J.K Rowling. Books get to the point where you want to stop but you can't.
Chat back later.

Anonymous said...

right now i am reading a wrinkle in time w/melinda so far i really like it like this 4 year old boy has a collage word in his head every day and each day it is someting diffrent,and he spaeks french!

Anonymous said...

My faverite genre is fantasy because I like dragons and gargoyles that fight each other like the book the legand of dragoon a dragoon is a half dragon half human person.This blog thing is cool.

Anonymous said...

my favorite genre is probably adventure. i like books that hook you then reel you in. it doesnt get mushy or boring in the middle. they never let you put the book down and always keep you wondering what will happen next. i also like mystery. just like adventure they shouldnt leave you hanging.my favorite book is called "thetwo princesses of bammare." it sounds stupid but its good... its not just a girly princess book. well, got to go...
BYE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I really don't have a favorite author, but I enjoy potry,mysterys,scary stories,drawing books, and cooking books.Chapter books are o.k. but I'd rather not just see only words I'd at the least see a few pictures.For a few hours I can stay focused on a book if it's really interesting but ather than that it's hard for me to pay attention.Adious!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

My favorite genre is fantasy fiction. Right now i'm reading a great book called the dark horse.It's about a boy who finds a girl who can do magical things like talk to animals. They find a box.The box has a type of magic that the girl(mouse)as they call her.I really recomend this book to people who like mystery/ fantasy.I also recomend these books,owl in love,because of winn dixe(sorry about spelling),the tale of despeurex,the dark horse ,and the house of the scorpion. (PS)You can find these books in the school library. See you next time!!!!BYE

Anonymous said...

One of my favoirit books is a series of unfortunate events the ersatz elevator because its about death ,misory and its complicated .I also like the oter series of unfortunete events because its about the same thing and I really like that kind book.The Homer book ,its about Homer Simpson and it really funny.It tells Homers history,whats on Homers mind and the many many moods of Homer.Thats about it.

Anonymous said...

This sounds very interesting Mr.M. My favorite seris is A SERIS OF UNFOTUNUTE EVENTS. In this seris there are 11 books. I have read all but two twice.The two I have not read twice are The Reptile Room and The Miserble Mill. To me those seam the most boreing! Right now I am reading A Solitary Blue in Mrs. C's room. At home and during Language Arts is Esperanza Rising.Bye!!!

Anonymous said...

i agree with my sister because i like scary stuff too

Anonymous said...

nm, I have read the 2 princises of Bamarre too. It rocks. I love it

Anonymous said...

I"WOULD KEEP ELITERCAL.SO I CAN WATCH T.V.,COMPUTHERS,MUSIC,AND THE PHONE.:)

Anonymous said...

I"WOULD KEEP ELITERCAL.SO I CAN WATCH T.V.,COMPUTHERS,MUSIC,AND THE PHONE.:)

Anonymous said...

I WOUID GIVE UP MEHCANACHAIL BECAUSE
WE NEED ELECTICAL FOR LIGHTS,T.V,PHONES,AND ALOT MORE.
MEHCANACAIL WE DONT...ACTUALY WE NEED BOTH.SOMETIMES THEY WORK TOGETHER.

Anonymous said...

I would keep electric energy to play my gamecube my gameboy advance.To play my computer games.So I would be able to find what im looking for and to listin to my radio.bye.

Anonymous said...

hiii

Anonymous said...

I would like to learn about computers so I can maybe learn how to take better of may computers.To learn about differant animals work togather.