Friday, April 08, 2005

Friday, April 8

Everyday, we have been spending 30 minutes just reading our novels silently. I need to give you an opportunity to write about what you are reading. So, tell us about the chapters that you read yesterday, or if you already read today, tell us about what you read today. Give us an idea of plot, character development, and setting.

Those of us who are just writing a sentence and posting are losing points on writing score. This is 30 minutes of time to be spent writing. Yes, read the other posts and maybe compare what you wrote to someone else. But you need to write first and give the teacher a good idea about your writing skill. {complete sentences, capitalization, punctuation}

Enjoy!
Mr. M

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iam reading a book called Hank's Story. This boy named Hank was a orphan in New York. He went on the orphan train to Nebraska where he was adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Olson. They beat him and make him do servant's work. He gets in a fight at school over a bird. On his way home, he meets a lady named Molly. Molly lets him come over to her house for the rest of that week. She keeps birds in her house and other animals too. She serves him good food unlike the Olson's. He gets into another fight at school because this kid named Mathew Brown makes fun of his friend that is an orphan too. After he gets into this fight, he goes to Molly's house and she suddenly starts yelling. She is very opposed to fighting. She says that it dosn't solve anything. Like his mother. He decides to run away and to find his brother Peter. He decides to go away because he hears that Molly is sick. He is on the streets now trying to find his brother.

Anonymous said...

i started to read a book called Eggs In one Basket. i have do not understand why the title is that but i guess i will find out later in the book.All i have read is about a guy namedscott. he is the qauter back for his football team and he is the best football player on his hole team. he aws playing a game agenst the red robins and he whent to score and they tacled him. he still made the score but also got brusses because they were what he called thick boned. so right now he is in the hospital and cant do football intell 2 weeks. the bad thing is is that his team won the game and is now goind to the super bowl!
t.g.

Anonymous said...

The book i'm readind is Fame amd Glore in Feerdom Gorgia.This girl entires a spelling bee with a guy name Harlam.No one likes him,they call him names.So now she wants to be his friend.
What i'm reading is there practcing spelling words.Then she yells "Why do you want to look like like a hippy,why wont you let my friend cut your hair".He said yes, when she cut his hair he look great.
this book rocks out loud!

Anonymous said...

I am reading about a book called shiloh season and it's about a boy who has a dog and goes on adventures.He faces terible situations and decisions.Along the way he takes agiant step to maturity by his decisions.So I think its a great book and I advise readers to read it I want readers to read it because it teaches them leasons to.Thats the story Im reading bye.

Anonymous said...

tg,maybe you should check your work.I could not read yours,but it sounded so cool

Anonymous said...

The book that I am reading is "Monsters Dont Scuba Dive".It is about 4 kids that went to camp called Camp Lone Wolf and there they meet there new simming teacher named Nessie McFarland.They think she is a monster asea monster!

Anonymous said...

well what i've been reading is a book called 'Bad Dreams'.It's about a new student that comes to this brand new school.She was shy on the first day just like i was.
When she first went to her class she met her teachers.Her teachers barely even spoke to her,they'd say'welcome' and they'll just tell her to go to the front of the class room. Then the teachers would act like they where in a such rush to go some where.Then when the teachers would come back the teacher asked a child to give up here seat and be the bookworm for the class.Now i don't know what they meen about 'bookworm' but it's just like 'Rosa Parks' when she had too ghive up her seat.I havn't really got'n that far ,but I think it would be a great book to read.

Anonymous said...

im reading a book about goose bumps it is about these two kids that went around scaring other kids and putting rubber spiders on their bed and wake up and go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anonymous said...

i am reading a wrinkle in time,so far you have met meg her brother and best friend then they talk to all of her dads friends because he is missing then one person takes them into something and then she tells them that her dad and his friends are all stars in this so called planet then she dissapers and now her brother, her best friend,and her have to find her dad and help him asscape.

Anonymous said...

Iam reading a book called Olive's Ocean.It takes ploace mostly in a house.I read this morning and so far so good.A girl named Olive Barstrow gets hit by a car and her mom gives this girl a letter and it says the girl is very nice to Olive.She starts to remember her a lot like a best friend.Martha (the girl) goes to her grandmas and starts to forget about Olive thinking the thoughts should go away.Her parents get in fights a lot.Thats all I read so far.Its good.

Anonymous said...

Zt you might want to go back every time you tipe some of your words are mist spelled.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I was reading a book called the ghost in room 11. It's about a boy named Matt who goes to a new school and a boy named Charlie is picking on him the whole time.The other kids in his class are mean but one girl named Stphenie and she is nice to him because she feels sorry for him.That is the begining.

Anonymous said...

I think shiloh sounds intresting to me.I might check it out next time BS.

Anonymous said...

I am still reading hathit and the main chararter is a 13 year old boy who is starned on a island and time is up.

Anonymous said...

i am reading a book called Because of Winn Dixie it is about a girl named india her dad is a priest who works at the open arms baptist church.

Anonymous said...

Last year my mom gave me a book caalled OLIVER Twwist. The book was kind of like Hanks story but Oliver got rich aafter he found out how his mother died becluse his mother left him a fourtune wwhere she died. Id aadvice readers to read this book please. Im reading a book caalled LUCKY LADY. Ive just started but it sounds intresting.When I get home I riding my bike to a lake behind where Im going clmping for a little while. I

Anonymous said...

I am reading a book called DUST .It is written by Aurther Slade.It is about this mysterious thing that is happening in Horshoe,a Dust Bowl farm in Depression-era Saskatchewan.All of the sudden this dude named Abram Harsich appears and makes all the kids vanish with this freaky chemical thing only Robert (the brother of Mathew one of the kids who has vanished dose not fall for the spell) I really have to go bye!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good story ed.Whats the name of that book.

Anonymous said...

Noel, get all four of you back up to the room now. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Right now I am reading a book called "Checkers". It is cool but really freaky. It's about this girl who gets hit by a car and has to go to the hospital. She meets a bunch of other teenagers that she hangs out with. She says there a little crazy. She has wanted a dog for her whole life but her parents won't get her one.
While she's in the hospital she talks about how she got Checkers. her dad comes home with a moving box, she knows what it is. She's so excited she got one...A DOG! She was sitting with the dog in the backyard naming him with her brother. She said that he looks like the bathroom floor. "Let's name him checkerboard."Her brother says. "No...How 'bout 'Checkers'?" So they name him Checkers.
Thats all I've read so far.
I wouldn't really reccomend it to anybody...it's creepy. well, once again...
SEE YA!

Anonymous said...

yastrday i rade a book on hiolglifiks. and it wud translat the hiroglifiks in the stowre lick for back in to the anchins time and tokt a bawt the qwns toom they uosd snaks or som sort of betl to gord sow tat grav robrs wud not stel the gods tom tow git the gowls and the anchins bared tar gows with the god tay had lots of anuml gods such as the cat god and sowon.

Anonymous said...

I am reading Los Angles Lakers,they started playing basketball in 1948.They won three title's straight.The head coach average 121.1 point's per game.There old name was the Town of Our Lady,Queen of the Angles of Porciuncula.

Anonymous said...

Right now im reding a book called Sirena.is cursed because she sings so that she makes a guy fall in love with her and the main characters are Sirena and a guy she fell in love with.the setting for now is in a stream where serena is taught what a mosaic is and now she is immortal becuase the guy she found loves her but he wants to back to where the humans live because serena is a mermaid .today i read abuot two chapters.this is more like a drama love story so i would not recamend it to guys buy.

Anonymous said...

I'm raeding a book called The Mystery of the Cupboard.At first the setting was in London and now a family moved to the contryside.Some of the important characters are Omri,Gillion and Adiel. This is a mystery book.Omri lost his cat Kitsa.He almost blurted out his secret.Well you have to read the book for yourself. Gotta go bye!?!?!

Anonymous said...

The book I'm reading is the series of unfortunate events.I'm on chapter 8 and the last 2 paragraphs are about a vilage is a gurdian of Violet,Klaus,and Sunny.the vilage is very strict about their rules.If there is a person that breaks one of the rules that person will be killed.The vilage found count Olaf but it wasn't the real count Olaf and an inosent person will be killed.I don't have much time left because we have the science TAKS.bye

Anonymous said...

What I read so far is that Meg,Charles
Wallace,and Calvin go to a world were
darkness came and ended were houses
were the same and kids playing at the same time. then everyone went in to
their houses that were clicked shut
Meg,Charles,and Calvin were wondering
why did they run from them. Calvin was
freaked out and said" I thinh we should turn back but Charles thoutht
why would we turn back and where. Mrs.Who,Mrs.Which,and Mrs.Whatsit
won't be there to help us anyways
we have to be on our own.And thats all I read.

Anonymous said...

I am reading a book called Shiloh.It about a boy that finds a dog thats been kicked by his owner named Judd.The boy Marty found him.

Anonymous said...

Mr.M
I am reading The Boxcar Children: Bicycle Mystery. In the last few chapters they get caught in a rainstorm and find a dog. They find out that the dog is rare and they could get alot of money for him. They are trying to find the dog's owner when a strange couple asks if they are willing to sell the dog. The chidren say 'No'.
I have to go.

Anonymous said...

Mr.M
I am reading The Boxcar Children: Bicycle Mystery. In the last few chapters they get caught in a rainstorm and find a dog. They find out that the dog is rare and they could get alot of money for him. They are trying to find the dog's owner when a strange couple asks if they are willing to sell the dog. The chidren say 'No'.
I have to go.

Anonymous said...

I'm raeding a book called The Mystery of the Cupboard.At first the setting was in London and now a family moved to the contryside.Some of the important characters are Omri,Gillion and Adiel. This is a mystery book.Omri lost his cat Kitsa.He almost blurted out his secret.Well you have to read the book for yourself. Gotta go bye!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I finished Hank's Story. He ends up going to Molly's house in the middle of a snow storm. He stays there while she is not there for a week and then Mr. Olson finds him.
Molly shows up while the whole town is on the front pourch of her house. It turns out that she was getting the person from the orphanage to check on Hank. He gets taken away from Mr. Olson and then he decides to go with Molly. He gets a new room and clothes and he gets to take care of the animals. He still wants to find his brother but in this book, he never does. It was a good ending for Hank.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading a book called Esperanza Rising.She's a mexican pre-teen who lost her shelter,her dad and her hope.She is now working in California as a feild servant who is dealing with her mom's arrival from the hospital and making her happy.She's robbed of her monney by one of her closest friends and is ticked off. bye!