Sunday, April 03, 2005

Good Monday Morning!

I hope that everyone came back to school today and had a restful weekend.

Everyone is reading at least 30 minutes a day in class now. I asked you all to be reading a novel or chapter book. Today, I want you to write a good, complete paragraph. So, you should be able to tell me good details about the book you are reading. Who is the main character in the book? Is there more than one 'main' character? Give me a summary of the last one or two chapters that you read in your book. Is your book similar to anyone elses? How?

MP, please do NOT type in all capitals anymore. AT, please stay on topic and try to avoid typing repeated letterssssss!!!!!

Criteria for today: 1- type a full paragraph. 2- use good grammar and completed sentences. 3- stay on topic. 4- after reading your post, I should be able to name your book, main character(s), and have an idea what it is about.

Enjoy!
Mr M

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.M,
right now i am reading The Key Is Lost.The main characters are the zilverstijn family.it is about a family that is jewish and has to hide from the gaurds and non jewish people or else they will be killed.right now they are in what they call hidding. they half to stay in a non jewish persons home who helpes in the hidding of the jews. they are getting to know there inviornment that they now half to stay in. i dont want to tell you any more because i really recomend it and i have no read any more so i cant!

Anonymous said...

My book dosn't have a charater it talks about animals and plants in the ocean.It talks about fish,jellyfish,clams,sharks,wales,coral,seaweed,and other plants.Did you know clams can be 580 pounds.

Anonymous said...

The novel I am reading is about a girl name Karen who wont let no one use the phone.
Then she made some 1800 numbers that cost 1$ every time you call.
She made about 100 or a little over calls.So some how she must get the money and pay the bill before her dad finds out.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading Artemis Fowl.It's a mystery book about a criminal mastermind who kidnapps an elf and is outmatched with the hostage.The two main characters are indeed Artemis Fowl and the elf Holly Short the L.E.P.officer.The last two chapters are about the L.E.P. elite squad is caught at Fowl manor by Butler(Artemis's butler) and gets beat up and retreats back to their base without getting Holy Short back. bye!

Anonymous said...

t.g. I think that book sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

I guess my book isn't like any other books we are reading lately. bye!

Anonymous said...

Wow!AJ I did not know that clams could be 580 pounds.The book TG was talking about sounds sad.maby one day i can read AJ's book.

Anonymous said...

A.J. that book a chapter book because if it is that book sounds interesting. bye!

Anonymous said...

Well the book that I am reading is "STUART LITTLE" BY E.B.White.I am almost finish with the book.The main character(s) are mainly stuart little.Stuart is not a human he is a small mouse.What he is trying to do is that he found a friend named Margalo she is a small bird.So she runs away and stuart is trying to find her so he runs away to.Will he is looking for Margalo he meets some peole who need help and so stuart help them out.And thats all.

Anonymous said...

I am going to tell you about a book that I just finished reading. The book is called
"Lily's Crossing". The book is by Patricia Reilly Giff and won the Newbery Honer. Lily is a girl that lives in St. Albums. This story accurs during World War Two in 1944.Every summer, Lily and her grandma (gram) go to Rockaway. This summer, the neibor's nephew comes. He was a jew that had lived in Europe. His parents wrote a brave newspaper for jews. Germans found the newspaper and came and killed Albert's parents. His grandma (nanygama) gave him money and sent him to Canada. He went with his sister named Ruth. Ruth became sick and people came and took her away while they were in Paris. Albert really missis his sister. LIly also is missing her dad because he is an engineer and has to join the war. He writes her all the time.
Lily becomes friends with Albert but she has a real problem with lying. She tells him that they can go out in her rowboat, jump into a ship, go to Europe, and save Ruth.She finally tells him the truth and that night, after she had told him, he went out in his boat. Lily spots him from her house n stilts and goes out in her own rowboat to save him. He fell out of the boat and she grabbed him. She goes away for the rest of the year and comes back and Ruth is there because Lily's dad found her. They stay lifelong friends.

Anonymous said...

Well I think a good book that I like is Shiloh.The main character(s) in the story are Marty,dad,Ma,Daralynn,Becky,David Howard,Judd Travers,and Shiloh(puppy).I think it's a good book because it's about a boy(Marty) who finds a dog(shiloh) and learns to love him butt the dog is someone elses(Judd travers) and Marty wants to keep him.His parents think the dogs JuddTravers and it is butt Marty wants to keep him so they give the dog back to judd travers I cant tell the REST.

Anonymous said...

bs.its but not butt as in behind.

Anonymous said...

Right now I am reading All Alone in the Universe by Lynne Rae Perkins. The main character is Debbie (In the book it says no last name). In the last 2 chapters I read about when Debbie starts school again and her best friend,Maureen,meets a new girl named Glenna and they start hanging out. It is really good so far and I recommend it!

Anonymous said...

I think ED's and BS's book sound intresting!

Anonymous said...

im reading a book called goosebumps there are kids walking around and scaring other kids.

the name of the one main charector is rotney and sara`.

Anonymous said...

hi

Anonymous said...

I am reading a book called DUST it is a mystery book written by Aurther slade. I just started reading it so I only know a little information about the book. The main characters are Robert Steelgate and a Abram Harsich. It is about something strange that is happening in a town called Horshoe,Saskatchewan all the kids start to dissapear after Abram appears into there town. In one part of the book Abram asked this kid Do you like being young? Then he told the kid I was never in my life young. It was weird. But I really think this book is going to be interesting I want to find out what is happening to all the kids that Robert is trying to find and I want to know what that guy ment by he was never young. I hope to find the answer of my questions in the book soon and I hope this book is really good and challenging.

Anonymous said...

the book that i am reading is called a wrinkle in time by madeleine lengle the main character is meg murry,meg has a little baby brother named charles ,meg,charles,and megs best friend calvin go on a trip to find megs dad her mom has toled her that her dad will come home but has not yet emg thinks that her dad is in trouble os they visit some of her dads older friends to find out imformationabout her dad to find him and help him.so far meg , her brother, and calvin go see mrs.whatsit,mrs.who,and mrs.which.,then they find someone and he or she is trying to distroy this black thing they can not sse what is going on or what the black thing is meg thinks it her dad and it is ,the last thing she sad beforethe next chapter is"that dark thing we saw,"she said."is what my father is fighting?",it is so cool i mean it makes you wonder,you know.

Anonymous said...

The book I am reading is A Wrinkle in Time. The main characters are Meg,charles Wallace,and Calvin O'keefe their
friend.The story is about Meg and
Charles Wallace's Dad mysteriosly
disappeared because he has been experimenting on a fifth dimension
of time travel.Now its up to Meg,
Charles Wallace,and calvin to rescue him with the help of Mrs.Watsit,Mrs.who,and Mrs.which in the other dimension.

Anonymous said...

im

Anonymous said...

I am reading the book Animorphs The Android by K.A. Applegate.It is about a boy named Marco he can't tell you his last name because he as enemies the Yeerks.They are very powerful and very dangerous not like a bullie at school that calls you dork-wad. The Yeerks don't play games.The Yeerks don't worry about pity or kindness.

Anonymous said...

The book I just fineshed is a seires of unfortunet events the ersatz elevator.Its a good book,the main charcters are Violet,Sunny,Klaus,Jerome,gunther, and Eseme.Its about 3 orphans geting a new guardian and trying to get away from count Olaf.Their guadians live in a penthouse and the ophans had a hard time walking up there.The reason why they didn't take the elevator because elevators were out.Then later they find count Olaf in their penthouse then they find a seceret about one of the elevator.The ophans are trying to find their long lost friends to thats all I'm going to tell you.

Anonymous said...

The book i'm reading has two characters. their both girls. named Betty and Veronica nicknane(Ron).Veronica is a rich girl who she thinks in her own mind she is perfect, glamourus, and the most popoulr girl in Riverdale. Betty has an average life style.She will do things for othersthat will hep. She thinks of others.She does her chores.Dreams of romance.Has no talent for juggleing. Des comunity sevices. She's fantasic writer.She gets her money mostaly by working. trys tocathch up on the latest fashion statment.She hs so many guys falling for her.

Anonymous said...

Hello the book I'm reading is called Sirena by Donna Jo Napoli.The main characters are Sirena and Philoctetes.Its a book about a mermaid who sings to men who come across her to make them love her .If a guy falls in love with her she will become immortal (live forever) .The last boat that came across her some of the men did not know how to swim and the rest died of hunger. Then she is so mad at herself that she never speaks to another man again.So she runs away to a different island and finds a man who was bitten by a snake .She falls in love with him and takes care of him.Sirena thinks th snake he has been bitten by is Heras (a goddes who has been good to Sirena unless she helps the people who Heras has delt with.A new volcano has put a lava of river and Sirena tries to run but shes to late she has been burned by it and is washed up on the sea and ends up hitting the jagged rocks .She is badley bruised. I have only gotten that far and so I can't tell you any more.(P.S I got this book at the public library )I recommend this book to people who like fantasy and maybe drama type genres. see you next time Bye!^-^