Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Wednesday 6th

WOW! I am so impressed with the 11 people that stayed after school to work on the TAKS test. My class took this very seriously and I know that we will see great success when we get results back later.

We're going to take it pretty easy today, but I want you to keep up our progress on writing on the blog. Tell us something special about you. What makes you special? What is there about you that you really like? Maybe tell us about your family. It doesn't have to be super-personal, but let the class know you a little better.

Criteria today: Write at least 3 sentences. Use no questionable or poor taste language. Write about at least one of the prompts I gave you above. Be kind to each other.

Spend your 30 minutes enjoying writing!
Mr M

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

something special about me is that ...nothig really.My mom has 2 jobs,and my sister is my best friend.I dont live with my dad,he has 2 jobs too.My other sister is alwas grumpy.Only she wants the best for all of us.Then my bouther is anoyig like all brothers.thats my family.Were all weard,but im cool with that!

Anonymous said...

my favorite colors are lime green,blue,purple,and white.I like italian food.Ilike to make people laugh.I think math is kind of hard.

Anonymous said...

I guess one special thing about me was that I am going to Kealing next year. Thats not really specail though. I am going to tell you about my family. I have a little sister in 4th grade. She likes koalas and is annoying.
I also have a half-brother. He is my real brother though. He is 19. He works at the McDoneld's by H-E-B. He lives with me and thiks that I am annoying.
I also have an older half-sister that is 22. She works at Mr. Gattis. She got into school at the NIT. She is becoming a admenistrative medical assistant or something like that. I help her find scholorships.
I have two sisters that I have never met. They live in Oklahoma.
My dad is 58 and my mom is 47. I like having older parents because they are really wise and smart. They were there when Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was there. It is cool. My dad grew up in San Antonio and he has alot of friends. My mom grew up in Austin.

Anonymous said...

one thing that i think i am special is because my dad works at a radio station, t.v. show, his own magazine and his own store. the reason why i think it is so cool is beacuse when rver he goes out of town sometimes we can go with him. also i get to meet a lot of country singer like garth brooks, george strait and one yime when i was i think 5 years old my dad got george bush (are president) to hold me!
Also another reason why i am speicial is because i have a mom that is there right when i get home and when i leave for school! last but not least i have parents that are not devorced. i dont say that to brag but practicly all the kids i know have parents that are devorced.
t.g.

Anonymous said...

AJ, my favorite food is italian food too. My favorite colors are red and black though.

Anonymous said...

My mom works at the school of nursing and my mom works for a bread company. He delivers bread to schools and stores.

Anonymous said...

The thing I think Im special at is running super fast and my hard hair.The only thing I like more than everything is my hair.One thing about myself is I like turtles,my mom says the reson I like turtles is because when I was a kid I watched TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles or mabe because my cousin liked them.The reson I think like turtles is because of TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesand my favorite character is Michellangallo.My dad told me that all four of the ninja turtles where named by artist like leonardo de C.,michellagalo,Donatello,and raphiel.Thats the things I like.

Anonymous said...

I grew up in bhuda,Texas and I moved alot.I traveled alot and probably went to 8 states for horse shows,for vacations,and for one funeral.I grew up with alot of pets including 1 goat,6 cats or more, maybe 8 dogs,1 pig,6 or more horses ,and a couple birds.I have an interest in tornadeos and weather.my anscesters mostly came from U.K.(England)so i'm mostly english.I've been to one funeral and it was for my great aunt,Sid.Well,thats me. Bye!

Anonymous said...

I don't care what food I eat butt it has to be good

Anonymous said...

I like to wake up early in the morning and go to bed late at night.I like cats and chicks,dogs,turtles,rabits,ducks,and frogs.me and my brother are friends and have the same voice.We like to do the same thigs.I like to play with my cat.

Anonymous said...

I can do a lot of noises with my mouth.One of them I can make a very loud sound it is very cool.The other thing that is special about me is that I am short and I am proud to be short.My dad is short too even my mom is a little taller then my dad.My bother is almost taller then me and so is my to sisters.The other thing special about me is that I am shy.Some times I cant be shy and some times I can be shy.I try hard not to be so shy becase that would not be good if I was to shy becuase then I maybe will get in trouble.Those are all the thing special about me and I am very proud of it.

Anonymous said...

like ed my favorite color is red.but my favorite food is seet potoa pie.

Anonymous said...

Oh... my favorite colors are green,black,and purple.My dad's 39 and he's the manager for Mother's Window Tint and my mom is 43 and is a Dosematrist.

Anonymous said...

well i have two older brothers et and rt,ms.canales knows them. now i love music i mean almost my whole life is music i hve so many c.d.'sand i know all my friends know that imaen i will get on the computer and look up lyrics and even sing it sometimes,but i never sing infront of my parents or my brothers or teachers because i always get imbearist,i love to sing but its kind of hard for me to hit the high notes and the long ones to.

Anonymous said...

Something special about me is....Well,I don't know!I live with my mom and my aunt,uncle,four cousins.It's alway's busy there.My parents are divorced.My mom is the second manager of a hotel.She is manager of maitnence and housekeeping.My dad is maitnence at apartments.I have a dog named Vaz,she's a maltese poodle.

Anonymous said...

My favorite colors are spring green and lavender.I love pizza and cats!

Anonymous said...

I would think somthing special about me is that I live out in the country,and I have 33 pets NOT including my 18 chickins.My dad works at the lottery,my mom doesn't have a job, and my brother is a redneck.Well that's me.See ya.

Anonymous said...

Ii like italian food too,aj.

Anonymous said...

my favgorite colors are blue and purple.

Anonymous said...

my brothers are so anoying my cusin is too mr.m you know rms thats his whole name or it can be this rs i do not know ,if you know his sister lms or ls but she is so cool but sometimes she is anoying to me and shes sometimes gross to,i do not know my whloe name but in m s(middle school)i think i will go by my m n(middle name), haleigh.

Anonymous said...

I'm special because I am funny
I have a lot of friends and have
a family who cares about me. I have a mom and a dad who are wonderful parents,a brother and sister my siser is 16 and works at pizza hut my brother is 18 and
is in college at texas A&M and works at Chili's. I have 2 cats
named Pumpkin and Thunder.My favorite color is blue of course and my favorite sport is soccer.
I like music,sports,pizza,anything
sour,candy,and popcorn.

Anonymous said...

I like all types of food.My favorite color is green.I try to be
funny.I have 4 dogs:3 are chiwawas
and the other is a golden retriver.
(that doesnt retrive.)bye

Anonymous said...

I disagree with zt because I dont like red and my favorite kind of pie is lemon pie.I have a talent of reading minds if anyones reading this I knew what uour mind said it said if anyones reading this see Iread your mind again. I got that trick from a book that I read about how to do magic. I like dogs just like aj but I dont like cats that much.Mr.M I really like the money thing your doing with us.

Anonymous said...

i aggrey with pd i love blue and purple too. but the one i love the most is blue my room is blue and my bed is blue too.

Anonymous said...

why do you like your hair so much bs?

Anonymous said...

I know that everybody is special because everyone is different and everybody has there own personalaty.
I have lived in two different states San Diego,California and Austin I have a really big family in different states and countries.I don't have any siblings but I have had a lot of different pets and they keep me company.In all I have had 11 pets and I loved them all.
I enjoy art,music,and science I love animals.My favorite spots are bike riding, swimming,snd soccer. My favorite color is blue,and I have to go because we are switching. bye.

Anonymous said...

I like to sing also my friend DH and I like to be wierd sometimes.

Anonymous said...

i think bs puts the whole bottle
of gel.

Anonymous said...

What makes me speical is am good at science and social studies.I am good at vidio games.My famaly I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters my oldest sister as a baby boy so am an uncle.My mom is like the queen of the house do what ever she says and you won't have a proplem.My dad is like the king same the same as my mom.my other big sister does not live us she moved out.My big brother is still living with us.My little brother is anoying when im trying to play a game he will get right in front of the tv and then I will die on game.

Anonymous said...

Something special abut me, thats pretty obvious...Ive got red hair. I get compliments from everyone i see. its kind of annoying sometimes because everyone around me or my sister is obsessed with our hair. You can also tell that we stand out.
I am also half Irish, and half Scottish. My great grandmother came from Germany a long time ago.
Some of my dads ancesters came from Scotland. Hes more Scottish than Irish.
My uncle has red hair but he died it blond.):
I have a dog named Pugsley(pug), and another dog named Slade(terrior chiuaua mix), my dad is 29, my mom is 27, my favorite sport is vollyball and my favorite colors are black & blue(that was the name of my old cat that ran away).
I have 3 aunts. Ones name is Brianna, shes 5(her birthday was Monday), one is Skylar, shes 13, and the last one is Minnette, shes 29. I also have one uncle named Tanner, hes 12. And the other one i told you about already.
Well...see ya.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and i forgot to tell you...my favorite band is, well...

GREEN DAY!!!!!!!!!!
They rule!!!!! my favorite song is Holiday. You can hear it on 101X. BYE!

Anonymous said...

Go AY being short is cool because i imagine that when there older the will hit their heads on a door or somthing. My mom likes to dance to music .My brother has a dog and likes to smush her face because she pudgey (fat)or is that me .oh well. my mom works as a medical assistant and daddy works as a janitor for the city he cleans a bank .When i get older i want to be a vet .My two dogs love to be pet they are called ruby and jackie .Ruby loves to catch the tennis ball when i bounce it on the concreate in trhe back .she jumps then she does this little turn with her lower half .Jackie well she just fat and wants to be pet . one thing thats so wiered about me is I like to sing in the shower. Its wiered right . on channel 10 i like to watch the chinese or japenese shows .they are not like anime or cartoon for those of you who dont know what that is.^^ hey BS i like the old teenage mutant ninja turtles too .but not the new kind the old ones . i used to come home from school in san antonio and watch it on cartoon network. almost made it to kealing but did not .YOU KNOW WHAT I DONT CARE ^-^.IM kind of happy.SO DONT FEEL BAD . My good FRIENDS ARE AG,AJ,AB sometimes i make them laugh sometimes. BYE PEOPLE.

Anonymous said...

Some things about myself is I grew up here in Austin,Texas.My parents names are Diana,and Tomas.They say I was special when I was a baby.They said that I was the neatest baby ever.I would cry every time I got left over food on my face and I would take very little bites from a pancake.My parents also said that I would cry a lot too.Now I have a little brother his name is Diego he is almost 1 year old. His berthday is in 11 days.I'm glad I have him for a brother.I have 2 dogs too,their names are Snowball,and Scoty.I aiso like playing vidio games.I have a nintendo64,gamecube,gameboy advanceSP,and a nintendoDS.I have a variety of games too.{to many games acturly}I have a lot more stuff to tell you but its to much to type.by.

Anonymous said...

People think of me special in a weird way.I think of me in a positive way...such as my art skills, intensive singing,and cultures.I've learned some of my backround.Ilearned thet i'm African American,Mexican American,Gernman,chawcktaw Indian,Cheerakean, and Black foot Indian.Im' proud to be many things.My favorite subjects are poetry, and science.I love to run.My favorite t.v. shonws are Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,and That's So Raven.Well tg my parents aren't divorced so not every person u know has parents that aren't divorced.My favorite animal is a dog.zt u know the good eats.Fav. color is purple.Well got to go by?!!?!

Anonymous said...

Mr.M,
I am special because I have six people in my family. As I am I sure you can figure out it takes forever in resturants to be seated.
I have had braces for oh, 5 hours or so.
Well its time for me to go.
Sinserily,
G.C.

Anonymous said...

I also like to colect baseballcards and I like art.

Anonymous said...

I really like to run and ride my bike alot. I like to ride with my freinds but mostly I like to do tricks with my bike. Im very good at sports and I make good grades. When I was in Africa I got a lot of rewards because Iwas one of the smartest kids in the city. I was one of the strongest and the fastest there. Im really good at baseball, softball, soccer, and football.

Anonymous said...

My dads in Africa and he said hes going to visit us for the summer.

Anonymous said...

i like pi too, zt. PI PI PI PI